Pages - Menu

9.17.2013

Travels- Greece

(iphone pic)

So... I expect adventure to be waiting behind this short bend in the road! I feel almost giddy yet at the same time unprepared. We'll be leaving for a two week cruise in Greece tomorrow. Right now I can't even imagine tomorrow and the excitement of it, over the mounds of shoes and clothes. I can't picture it but this I can feel- An overwhelming sense, of God's abundant mercies toward me. I shouldn't be going on this trip... I know that. Despite the countless obstacles that kept being thrown before me (major dip in my health), I have also watched over and over again this past week as God has answered my prayers and the prayers of my precious friends, that He would grant clarity to the decision of whether I should go to Greece or not.

Let me just say this, I'm an explorer, a lover of experiencing new things and my Father knows that.
I felt Him place His finger upon this love within my heart and keep it there for a month or so. I knew why. He wanted to watch and see me trust Him, trust Him with this fondness for travel, trust that He knew what was best for me. Recognizing this idol and letting go of this so called "dream trip", was painful. Mortification took place. But then when I surrendered, and gazed about me, I was (actually) shocked that God knew exactly what He was saying when He wrote- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.".
I felt this, the peace that passes all understanding, reigning within my soul and it overwhelmed me.
A contented heart knows such joy having placed its future into the hands of the God of joy.

My intention for this post was to let you know that I'm going to try and blog a couple of times during our travels, (no promises!) but I couldn't keep my lips from bursting forth praise to my God who gives to His people what they deserve not. I shouldn't be surprised by His goodness but with the little faith that I contain, He has yet again caught me in wonder. I'm crying as I write this because you need to know that my awesome God is AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! So glad you are getting to go, Meghan! I'm sure you're going to have an absolutely amazing time! Can't wait to see a few glimpses of your time there!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this sounds so exciting! I am looking forward to your perspective of the Greece Tour in photos!

    ReplyDelete