Pages - Menu

7.27.2013

Contemplations- Love So Deep


The moments in which love's touch seems almost amiss, her presence a bygone shadow, her companionship imaginary,  are often the times when love is moving the most. 
Performing her crucial strokes with perfection, her greatest works of art achieving. 
Our misconceptions so deep, our understandings so shallow, that we mistake our pains of growth for neglect.

"Oh my child, do you not long, do you not beg me daily to unite your heart's beatings with my own?
Do you dare ask that my fountain of grace be made to stand still?

I dig deeper. There within your very soul...I must be about expanding the magnitude of your well before I can entrust you with a gushing stream. You think I love you not because you ache within?

No this my child is love. Blessed love.

The digging may be slow at times and you may lose sight of the goal ahead, but remember how much higher my ways are than yours. I will withhold nothing good from you, NOTHING good."


So He digs, far within the depths of my soul, each shovel making more room for Himself. 
Enlarging my heart, helping me to walk within His commandments.

Then the moment comes, when all the feelings of His affection seem absent and I remember.

I remember, His greater love, His higher ways, and the hope to come.

I feel His water pouring down into the well of my soul and then someone stops.  Stops to pull forth water from my spring. Startled, almost shocked, I feel robbed of the refreshment so long in coming. Wasn't it for me?

No.... I knew it wasn't.

Releasing the water, I set at liberty all rights of claim that I thought I had held upon my gift. 
Emptiness resumes, a sensation of being drained to the last drop, takes hold of me. 
I feel at an end.

That is when... He strengthens me. He restores me. He confirms me. I gain sight of the progress made. The water gushes forth more prodigious than before. 

Oh God, what love you have showered upon me!

Then once again...
With love so deep, He digs.

"Faith many times discovers love in God's heart when it sees nothing but frowns on His forehead."
-Thomas Lye



No comments:

Post a Comment