Pages - Menu

8.29.2012

Believe Me, Child... Do I Not Know What I'm Doing?

Lazarus has died and it's been four days since he was buried. Mary and Martha are troubled. Why didn't Jesus come when they called him... He could have saved their brother. When Jesus commands them to remove the stone in front of Lazarus' tomb. Martha is horrified, "Lord, by this time there will be an odor...", she says. Jesus responds to Martha saying- "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?"

So often like Lazarus' sisters we find it hard to understand why God would allow us to suffer when he could have stepped in and completely saved us from the sorrow and loss. Jesus doesn't willingly afflict. In fact hit hurts him to watch His children suffer but His plan is so much bigger than making our life easy. His love is sooooooo great that He's willing to let us a suffer for a little while so that we can perceive His glory. So when a trial comes your way don't think he has neglected or forgotten you, rather He is saying-  "Believe me, child.... Do I not know what I'm doing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment