Pages - Menu

6.07.2012

Day 10- Geneva


Yes! We went shopping today and definitely spent more time hunting out historical sites. It really was a blast! From trying to figure out where Calvin's home was, to the graveyard he was buried in, we most assuredly got our exercise in. Calvin's life and the effects of his life on our world today amaze me. Calvin, the timid school boy with many severe health issues, with his faithful preaching turned the world upside down! I know, I said that yesterday but it's strongly pressing on my mind, so you get to hear it again:) We'll be at the airport tomorrow morning at 6am, so please pray for safe travels. Hope you have been challenged in a small way from my feeble, silly attempts to convey what God has taught us this past week. It sounds so cliche when I read over what I've said about the reformation, but the truth is, it seems to have a new meaning to me in a different way every time I learn more about the Reformers. Our passion for the gospel and for Christ's church and kingdom is so debilitated that we have begun to grow dull to the blessings of God's incredible grace towards us. You and I have been blessed beyond measure, give thanks! So I come away rejoicing... rejoicing in God's goodness to me, to His church, to our country. I come away rejoicing that God gave us such a wonderful man such as John Calvin to pave the way for us. I come away rejoicing that we have the opportunity to follow in his footprints and learn from the history of Christ's Church in the past. I come away rejoicing in God's goodness in allowing me to be able to stand, and see where these historical events took place. I come away rejoicing and celebrating that the victory is ours and He has won!!
"The Lord has done great things for us; therefore we are glad." - Psalm 126:3
Blessings to All of You,
Meghan Murphy

Our incredible view from the hotel-
 The University of Geneva that Calvin started-

Auditoire de Calvin- Knox and Calvin both would have taught here to around 1,000 people.
 The Auditorium and Cathedral-
 Calvin's Home-
 Swatch Watch Shopping-
 They know which graveyard Calvin was buried in but aren't sure which grave. He requested his grave be left unmarked but they think the spot below is his grave.

St. Gervais Church- Calvin preached here

No comments:

Post a Comment